Our Sales & Lettings Services
Selling or buying a property can be stressful whether you are a first time buyer or an experienced property developer. As a family-run business, we offer a personal and professional service.
When a property comes onto the market with us, all of our sales staff will have visited the property so that whoever you speak to at our office will have an extensive knowledge of each home we are marketing, enabling us to answer almost any question.
The Process Of Selling Your Home
- Accurate valuation - Your aim is to sell your property at the best possible price in the shortest possible time. Our expert valuers carry out multiple valuations every month, giving us intimate and unparalleled knowledge of property values in your area. This is why we consistently achieve the asking price across all our clients' properties.
- Once terms and conditions are agreed, an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) will need to be arranged. This is simply information on the energy use and carbon dioxide emissions for your property. We can arrange this for you and if you should have any further questions please feel free to call our qualified energy assessor.
- An appointment will be made for particulars to be taken. This will include photographs and floor plans. We can normally have your property 'live' on all of our property portals within 24 hours, once you have approved your brochure.
- Our sales team will inspect the property so that they can sell it to it's full potential. Property brochures are great but first hand experience of your home is essential.
- All prospective buyers will receive a property alert on your home, by email and/or post.
- From this point onwards, it is 'all systems go' and viewings will begin. We will phone and email to discuss all viewings with you, we will accompany the viewers and also chauffeur the potential buyer if requested.
- Once an offer is made on your property and accepted by you, we will request the buyer to provide us with a proof of mortgage or funds. We will then be able to take your property off of the open market.
- Solicitors will then be chosen, we always recommend using a 'local solicitor' as local knowledge is essential when buying or selling your home.
- Once we have ensured that the sale has been 'set up' correctly our progression team will push forward to an exchange of contracts. We will update you by email and phone on a weekly basis.
We offer a comprehensive service when it comes to selling, as standard. This is what you can expect from us;
‘Selling your property can seem daunting, but with an experienced estate agent on hand, we can make this a stress free process’
- Free sales valuation
- Free floor plans
- High quality colour brochures
- 24 hour internet advertising on our own website, Right Move, Primelocation and Zoopla.Colour advertising in the Swindon Evening Advertiser
- Feedback to vendors on all viewings
- Accompanied and chauffeured viewings, where requested, including out of hours
- Regular vendor consultations
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, extensive knowledge of the local area and experienced staff. We offer a truly personal service; we understand that no two properties are the same and neither should be the way in which we handle the sale of them. Each property we deal with has its own demands and we need to realise its full potential of how to market and successfully sell that property.
Letting your property whether it’s your current home or an investment property can be stressful. As a family run business we offer a personal and professional service that can handle the letting of your property with ease.
The Process of Letting your property
- Rental Assessment - A free rental assessment will be provided with quoted rents, exclusive of all domestic services and council tax. Once a market rent has been agreed, Primary Homes & Lettings will circulate property details by means of a comprehensive marketing campaign in local media and all major internet property search engines, e.g. Rightmove.co.uk, findaproperty.com, propertyfinder.com etc. We also contact all suitable tenants and companies currently on our waiting list.
- Viewings - We accompany all applicants viewing your property and it is advisable to supply a spare set of keys to allow us to gain access as and when required to ensure a fast efficient service. All of our keys are security tagged and locked away.
- Tenants - We will only deal with applicants who are in full time employment and have visible affordability or can supply a suitable guarantor. All tenants are vetted by us through “Home let” credit check system. We usually receive a response within 48 hours enabling us to confirm the tenants suitability, quick and efficiently. The referencing, where applicable, includes bank or financial reference, employer reference, previous landlord reference, credit search & score. I.D. check & fraud score.
- Tenants Conditions of Entry - Following acceptable references for all the tenants moving into your property, tenants will be required to pay one calendar months rent as a deposit & one months rent in advance. We will then arrange and coordinate the tenant’s occupation of the property.
No set up fees. No hidden costs.
Full Management Service
This is our most comprehensive and popular service and includes all the services listed above plus the following;
- Property Inventory - As new government legislation with regards to the Tenancy Deposits has now become law, we ensure a detailed inventory is carried out which tenants view & sign a disclaimer prior to occupation. This inventory will then comprise an integral part of the Assured Short Hold Tenancy Agreement and provides a detailed record of the contents and condition of the property. This is invaluable should any dispute arise at the end of tenancy. We also do a full photographic inventory of the property and its contents.
- Property Inspections - Primary Homes & Lettings carry out a visual property check every twelve weeks to ascertain whether the tenants are maintaining the property as per their contract. We can check for any visible defects that may require attention.
- Gas Safety Certificates - This will be required from the start for us to be able to let your property. Then during each year of our agreement with you, we will arrange for our fully qualified engineer to carry out a gas safety inspection on your property (unless you wish to use your own engineer) to obtain a new Gas Safety Certificate.
- Utilities - The tenant(s) will be responsible for the payment of all utility bills and Council Tax (unless included in the rent). We contact all utilities to make them aware of the change of details and provide meter readings for gas and electricity, this will be recorded on your file should this information be required at a later date. With regards to any other services we would ask you to contact your service providers and arrange for these to be cancelled or suspended as not to occur any unnecessary costs. It is beneficial to supply us with the name of the service provider for gas, electric, water and telecoms.
- Repairs & Maintenance - Our management and maintenance teams are on hand to deal with all aspects of any problems relating to repairs which may be required in a day to day basis at your property. During the tenancy, we will attend to any minor repairs and obtain estimates for more serious work. We will firstly obtain your permission and authorisation prior to the execution of any work, except in cases of real emergency. Any repair work that is required as a result of mis-use or negligence by the tenant is payable by the tenant but in all other cases, the landlord is responsible. All invoices will be paid direct from your rent and accounted to you on your monthly statement. If you are in receipt of any guarantees or service agreements, it is essential that you supply full details in advance so that the service provider may be contacted for repairs.
- Rent Collection - Rents are received by Primary Homes & Lettings by a single standing order and are immediately passed to the Landlords chosen account as soon as payment has cleared. Rent reminders are sent out as a matter of course & emergency inspections are undertaken in the unlikely event of non payment.
Find A Tenant Only Service
This option is perfect for the landlord that only requires our services to find them a suitable tenant and they have the time to deal with the daily duties that a rental demands.
This includes all the items mentioned in the lettings process paragraph and we can incorporate some of the other services we provide if required.
Lettings - Useful Information
As part of the Housing Act 2004, the Government has introduced tenancy deposit protection for all assured short-hold tenancies (ASTs) inEnglandandWaleswhere a deposit is taken. From April 6th 2007, all deposits paid under an AST have had to be protected within 30 calendar days of receipt by the landlord or agent.
Are you affected? The legislation covers virtually all new AST contracts through which private landlords let property inEnglandandWales. However, the following will not need to be registered with a tenancy deposit protection scheme:
• resident landlords (those living in the property).
• landlords of properties with rent of over £25,000 a year.
• company lets.
• student accommodation let directly by universities or colleges.
Deposits taken before 6 April 2007 do not need to be protected by a scheme. However, as an existing tenancy is renewed and a landlord agrees a new fixed-term tenancy, the initial deposit taken must then be lodged with a tenancy deposit protection scheme.
Energy Performance Certificate
As part of the new government legislation for lettings and sale an energy performance inspection will have to be carried out at your property. An EPC checks the current insulation and energy consumption performance of your property and also gives a grade of what your property could achieve